Thursday, August 19, 2010

this story is so funny


but there may be some merit (although the prince in question is only guessing.) 


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/theroyalfamily/7954835/Prince-William-and-Kate-Middleton-to-marry-in-July-claim-dismissed.html 


Prince Eduard, who is the head of the Anhalt family, is neither closely related nor close to the British royal family. He is not going to be on the guest list. The Lord Chamberlain's office, which will be sending out the invitations, has not sent out "Save the date" cards! They do not do that sort of thing. 

 I wonder if Prince Eduard reads Royal Musings because I have said largely the same thing, but for different reasons. I see no need to change my thoughts, although I accept that I may be proven wrong. This is my theory. IF ... Prince William and Kate Middleton are to become engaged, the engagement will be announced, as early as this fall or as late as March with the wedding taking place between April and July 2011. The wedding will not take place after July because the royals go on vacation to Scotland and elsewhere (as do other royal houses.)
 
The weather is better in the summer, more tourists, more money into the coffers. The couple probably will not marry in 2012 because of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and the Summer Olympics. The first weekend of July can be crossed off as a date as the Prince of Monaco's wedding to Charlene Wittstock will take place on July 2 and July 3.

 However. British royal weddings have taken place during the week. The marriages of the Prince of Wales and the Duke of York occurred on a Wednesday. 

 The wedding will take place at one of two places: Westminster Abbey or St. George's Chapel. As I have said before, my thoughts are theoretical. I could be proven wrong.

7 comments:

tjmooney said...

Head of the actual Anhalt family, or one of the dubious Prince Zsa Zsa variety?

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

Prince Eduard is the head of the family -in the he will be the last of all because he has only daughters

Dennis said...

Marlene,
I don't know if you've seen the followup Daily Mail story, but it had me in hysterical laughter. Not at the story, so much, but at the fact that there's a woman known as "Jeannie McWeeny"....

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

Hi Dennis,

Yes, I did see Kay's story. It was only a matter of time before the woman was named. She's a designer, Jeannie McQueeny.

Anonymous said...

Finally someone who agrees with me that the main branch of Ascania and the Winsdor line aren't closely related, I was thinking I'd gone nuts because I couldn't find that dubious cousins connection (as much as all European royals are cousins to some degree).

It's a bit sad about the Ascania line, but I guess it has to come to that when you operate under Salic law (and have no HRE to undo it ^^; ). Although I'm not putting it past Eduard and his Julias to just disregard it and run the oldest as Princess/Head of House.

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

Eduard has named his eldest daughter to succeed him ... the family has not been included in the Handbuch des Adels since 1963, and unlikely to ever reappear. There have been rumors about Eduard's own father ... as his acknowledged father was said to be at the front at the time of conception.

Anonymous said...

Well, Ascania is...colourful, to say the least. Most notably due to their 'adopted' members but... Wasn't that a morganatic marriage, too?
I didn't know they weren't listed anymore, but I haven't looked at a Gotha at all, there's enough online sources for family tree construction and I'm not quite there, yet. I just looked Ascania succession up the other day (before the news story) because of some origins discussion we were having. Anyway, came up.

But anyway, thanks for confirming there was no close family connection, I was really doubting my wits -.-.