Monday, June 28, 2010

Goals in life

As many of my readers know, I am a passionate baseball fan. I love my baseball. I grew up as a New York Mets fan. Still love my Mets, even though I have not lived in the new York metropolitan region since 1989. I became a Baltimore Orioles fan, thanks my my husband -- our first date was the very first game at Camden Yards in 1991 between the Os and the Mets, an exhibition game. My late husband was a baseball writer, and we went to many games at the Yard. He had a season ticket, which I sat in -- a 13 game Sunday plan -- and he sat in the press box. I took over the seat after he died.
I am also a fan of the Washington Nationals as D.C. got a team in 2005. The Montreal Expos moved to the Nation's Capital. I have a 20 game Season ticket plan for the Nats. Yes, it is a little weird to cheer for more than one team, but I do, and I understand why.
This past weekend was interleague play - the Nats vs the Os in Baltimore. At every home game (80 games), the Orioles select the Fan of the Game. The camera scans the crowd looking for the most spirited fan. I have been trying to win for years! Yesterday, I shook, I wiggled, I cheered (it was 100+ degrees) and I WON! My entire row won a large pretzel (as did I) and I also got a nice prize pack!

Get to be the Oriole fan of the game .. check!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations, Marlene! Sounds you had a lot of fun!

Jorge

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

Thanks ... took years to finally get selected!